Wow 2017, we can’t believe where the time has gone. 2018 seems like it just began and it is already February. I can’t believe it, there are still phone calls coming in with people without fuel to heat their homes. It is so sad that people in this day and age have to go cold - choose between electric, gas, prescriptions or food. If you had to choose what would you go without? I know I thank God every day that I have not had to be in that position and pray that I never have to. I know so many people that are struggling. A lot of these people are hardworking people that are embarrassed to ask anyone for help. They say please don’t tell anyone we were here for help, that we are just going thru a rough patch and need a little help. I ensure them it will not leave my office and that to remember Charitable Deeds will be there to help them in the future if they need it. I am grateful to get the chance to meet some of these great people.
I have a story - the other day of a single mother with 2 children that needed help with getting some heating fuel came in and was sitting in the waiting room with another woman waiting for help. To find out they had just gave their last $10.00 to the person waiting ahead of them to see me for help, to get a gallon of milk and a couple loaves of bread so they could feed their family. When she came into my office I asked her why she gave the lady before her the $10.00? Her answer to me was she had food for her family and gas in her vehicle and wanted to help this lady. It brought tears to my eyes knowing this lady could have used this $10.00 but instead gave it away. God please bless this lady and I hope things turn around for her.
There are so many acts of kindness that no one ever sees. This really touched my heart. God bless all of you. We would like to thank all the wonderful Charitable Deeds members, churches, businesses, organizations, and the public for the donations and the help that you give to Charitable Deeds. “In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who in heaven”.
- The next Charitable Deeds Huge 7200 square foot Garage Sale will be held on February 15th, 16th and 17th from 8am -2pm. Our location is 200 High Point Road, Knox pa 16232. There are many new and gently used items. If you have any items, you would like to donate to this sale please contact John Kerle at 814-221-9966.
- The schedule for the 2018 food giveaway for Clarion County only is as follows – February 22nd, March 22nd, April 26th, May 24th, June 28th, July 26th August 23rd, September 27th, October 25th, November 13th (Tuesday) and December 5th (Wednesday) this food give-away is located at 260 High Point Rd, Knox, Pa 16232 at 11 am at the Charitable Deeds building. This food give-away is sponsored by Charitable Deeds and 3 area churches. Each month we supply up to 160 families with a shopping cart of food. If you have any medium size boxes that you would like to donate to Charitable Deeds for this event, please drop them off at the Charitable Deeds building on Mondays or Tuesdays between 8am and noon. We would like to “Thank” the Wolfs Den for the use of their parking lot for this event.
- The next “All You Can Eat” spaghetti dinner will be held on March 24th from 3:30 -7 p.m. at the Wolf’s Den. Anyone wishing to help, or bake a cake or two, can contact Bobbi. We are always looking for someone to help with cleanup. So if you are interested in helping with cleanup, you can just show up at 6 p.m. to help. Please don’t forget to mark your calendars for the 2017 spaghetti dinner year. The 2018 spaghetti dinners are scheduled for March 24th, May 12th, August 18th and November 10th.
- We are open on Monday and Tuesdays from 9am to noon for anyone needing free clothing and furniture. We are looking for volunteers to help on these days. John is also looking for someone to help pick up furniture. If you are interested in volunteering for a couple of hours you can call 814-221-9966. What an amazing feeling you get when you help your neighbors and family.
- We still are in need of lift chairs for the elderly and disabled. Also, if anyone has any dressers that they would like to donate we still need them. We are also looking for mattress and box springs that are clean and have no stains on them. If you would like to donate to Charitable Deeds, please call John for pick up.
That’s all for now, just remember you are still our favorite people
God Bless you all – Keep smiling
John Kerle (814)-221-9966 & Bobbi Wolfgong (814)221-8987
“ Lord Jesus,
Here I am. I trust in You
You are my God.
My life is in Your hands!
You know my heart.
You know my cares.
You know my Worries.
You know the things that make me afraid.
With Your might hands, supply my needs.
As you fed the thousands,
healed the sick,
calmed the storm, and raised the dead,
so keep me, O Lord My God …… In the Palm of Your Hand!”