We saw some pictures from Washington D.C, the blossoms are out in full force. What a beautiful sight. It won’t be long before everything here springs to life. Can’t wait to see everything start to turn green and all the awesome blossoms come out. What an amazing part of the world we live in. Sometimes people get lost in the hustle and bustle of life. Just don’t forget to stop and smell the roses from time to time and thank God for all the great he has given us.
“Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.” For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven.
- We are going to have our annual Pizza Pub Pizza Sale on April 28th. The pizza’s will be $7.25 pepperoni only. Anyone that wants to order pizzas can call John at 814-221-9966 or Bobbi @ 814-782-3733. The pizza pub donated 600 pizzas to Charitable Deeds. This fundraiser will be able to raise $4,350.00. Everyone please patronize the Pizza Pub in Clarion. Pick up day will be April 28th from 11am – 1pm in front of the old bank on main street Knox. We will also be selling the pizza’s there that day. If there is anyone who would like to sell these pizzas – you can take the orders and call John or Bobbi with the order.
- The next Charitable Deeds Huge 7200 square foot Garage Sale will be held on April 19th, 20th and 21st from 8am -2pm. Our location is 200 High Point Road, Knox pa 16232. There are many new and gently used items. If you have any items, you would like to donate to this sale please contact John Kerle at 814-221-9966. The money raised from this event goes into the general fund to help the poor with their utility bills, ect.
- Our 2018 Golf Scramble will be held on June 16, 2018. This project has got too big for 3 people to handle so we are asking for volunteers to help us with the day to day duties as well as the volunteers to help the day of the event. Anyone wishing to help can call Bobbi at 814-797-0286 or Lana Graham @ 814-782-3490.
- The next “All You Can Eat” spaghetti dinner will be held on MAY 12, 2018 from 3:30 -7 p.m. at the Wolf’s Den. This dinner will be the start of our campaign to help the Veterans of the Armed Forces. Anyone wishing to help, or bake a cake or two, can contact Bobbi. We are always looking for someone to help with cleanup. So if you are interested in helping with cleanup, you can just show up at 6 p.m. to help. Please don’t forget to mark your calendars for the 2018 spaghetti dinner year. The 2018 spaghetti dinners are scheduled for May 12th, (August 18th CANCELED) rescheduled for September 15th and November 10th.
- On March 24, 2018 we kicked off our Annual Campaign to help our Veterans of the Armed Forces. We are now in our 16th year of helping the Veterans and in all those years we have never turned a veteran away that needed our help. Anyone wishing to send a donation, to help our veterans, can send their donations to Charitable Deeds, 98 Hickory Nut Lane, Knox, Pa 16232. Write veterans in the memo of your check.
- We are open on Monday and Tuesdays from 9am to noon for anyone needing free clothing and furniture. We are looking for volunteers to help on these days. John is also looking for someone to help pick up furniture. If you are interested in volunteering for a couple of hours you can call 814-221-9966. What an amazing feeling you get when you help your neighbors and family.
- We still are in need of lift chairs for the elderly and disabled. Also, if anyone has any dressers that they would like to donate we still need them. We are also looking for mattress and box springs that are clean and have no stains on them. If you would like to donate to Charitable Deeds, please call John for pick up.
- The schedule for the 2018 Food Giveaway for Clarion County only is as follows April 26th, May 24th, June 28th, July 26th August 23rd, September 27th, October 25th, November 13th (Tuesday) and December 5th (Wednesday) this food give-away is located at 260 High Point Rd, Knox, Pa 16232 at 11 am at the Charitable Deeds building. This food giveaway is sponsored by Charitable Deeds and 3 area churches. Each month we supply up to 160 families with a shopping cart of food. If you have any medium size boxes that you would like to donate to Charitable Deeds for this event, please drop them off at the Charitable Deeds building on Mondays or Tuesdays between 8am and noon. We would like to “Thank” the Wolfs Den for the use of their parking lot for this event.
That’s all for now, just remember you are still our favorite people
God Bless you all – Keep smiling
John Kerle (814)-221-9966 & Bobbi Wolfgong (814)221-8987
* Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love*