Where has the time gone? It seems like it was just the beginning of autumn- the holiday season is just around the corner. Believe it or not Christmas is just 62 days away. With the weather turning colder we are getting more and more phone calls asking for our help. It’s hard to believe that in this day and age people are still going without the basic necessities to survive. If it wasn’t for your donations, Charitable Deeds wouldn’t be able to help the less fortunate in our area. What an amazing community we live in. We would like to thank all the wonderful Charitable Deeds members, churches, businesses, organizations, and the public for the donations and the help that you give to Charitable Deeds. “In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who in in heaven”
- We are now in the middle of our Winter Utility Campaign. This campaign is to help families that have their utilities shut off or are in threat of termination. If you would like to donate to this campaign you can send your checks to 98 Hickory Nut Lane, Knox PA 16232 and put in memo Winter Utility Campaign. There is a flyer for this campaign on the 2nd page of this newsletter.
- The next Charitable Deeds Huge 7200 square foot Garage Sale will be held on November 2nd ,3rd & 4th from 8am -2pm. Our location is 200 High Point Road, Knox pa 16232. There are many new and gently used items. If you have any items, you would like to donate to this sale please contact John Kerle at 814-221-9966. The schedule for the 2017 garage sales are as follows: December 7th, 8th & 9th.
- The schedule for the 2017 food giveaway for Clarion County only is as follows – October 26th, November 14th, December 5th, This food give-away is located at 260 High Point Rd, Knox, Pa 16232 at 11 am at the Charitable Deeds building and is sponsored by Charitable Deeds and 3 area churches. Each month we supply up to 160 families with a shopping cart of food. If you have any medium size boxes that you would like to donate to Charitable Deeds for this event, please drop them off at the Charitable Deeds building on Mondays or Tuesdays between 8am and noon. We would like to “Thank” the Wolfs Den for the use of their parking lot for this event.
- The next “All You Can Eat” spaghetti dinner will be held on November 11th from 3:30 -7 p.m. at the Wolf’s Den. Anyone wishing to help, or bake a cake or two, can contact Bobbi. We are always looking for someone to help with cleanup. So if you are interested in helping with cleanup, you can just show up at 6 p.m. to help. Please don’t forget to mark your calendars for the 2017 spaghetti dinner year. The 2018 spaghetti dinners are scheduled for March 24th, May 12th, August 18th and November 10th. The date for Mays 2018 spaghetti dinner has been changed, it went from May 19th to May 12. Please make these changes to your date on your calendar.
- We are pleased to be helping the Salvation Army ring the bell again this year. We ring the bell from Thanksgiving to Christmas Eve, inside at the Clarion Mall. Charitable Deeds disperses the money collected to help the poor and needy in the Clarion Area. 87 percent of the money raised stays in Clarion County. If you send your donations to Pittsburgh or drop them in a kettle that is not marked Clarion County Salvation Army, those donations are not used in Clarion County. If you are wanting your donations to stay in Clarion County, find a kettle marked Clarion County Salvation Army or you can write your check to the Salvation Army and send it to Charitable Deeds at 98 Hickory Nut Lane, Knox Pa 16232. We are looking for volunteers to ring the bell inside at the clarion mall. So if anyone is wishing to ring the bell please call Bobbi at 814-797-0286 or 814-782-3733.
- We are open on Monday and Tuesdays from 9am to noon for anyone needing free clothing and furniture. We are looking for volunteers to help on these days. John is also looking for someone to help pick up furniture. If you are interested in volunteering for a couple of hours you can call 814-797-0286. What an amazing feeling you get when you help your neighbors and family. We wish you could see the faces of the people we help. The gratitude of Thanks that comes from these families is overwhelming.
- We still are in need of lift chairs for the elderly and disabled. Also, if anyone has any dressers that they would like to donate we still need them. We are also looking for mattress and box springs that are clean and have no stains on them. If you would like to donate to Charitable Deeds, please call John for pick up. *We are no longer taking plastic caps. The hospital has decided to stop this program. On behalf of the dialysis patient this was helping, they would like to say Thank You for your support.
Let’s just stop for now, and pray for those on our prayer chain. If you know of anyone that needs added or deleted, please contact Bobbi @ 814-782-3733.
That’s all for now, just remember you are still our favorite people
God Bless you all – Keep smiling
John Kerle (814)-221-9966
Bobbi Wolfgong (814)221-8987
*At the end of life we will not be judged by how many diplomas we have received, how much money we have made, how many great things we have done. We will be judged by “I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat, I was naked, and you clothed me. I was homeless, and you took me in.” Anyone who oppresses the poor is insulting God who made them. To help the poor is to honor God.