We are going to start this letter with a short story of an individual that lives in our community. About 2 weeks ago a bad wind storm hit parts of Clarion County. In this gentlemen’s front yard stood a giant pine tree that over looked the house. It stood about 30 plus feet from the house. The gentlemen heard a noise and said he thought it was just the wind. A little bit later a friend came to visit. To find that this large pine tree in the front yard had fallen as well as another alongside the garage. The large pine tree in the front of his house fell just missing his house and a spring house. The only damage done was a telephone line that was taken down by a branch. It was as if God or a guardian angel took their hands and laid that tree down, in just the right spot. We are grateful that no one was hurt or killed. The outcome could have been much different. Thank you God for watching over us in our time of need.
- On March 24, 2018 we started our our annual campaign to help our veterans of the armed forces. The dinner on May 12 is also to benefit the Veterans. We are now in our 16th year of helping the Veterans and in all those years we have never turned a veteran away that needed our help. Anyone wishing to send a donation, to help our veterans, can send their donations to Charitable Deeds, 98 Hickory Nut Lane, Knox, Pa 16232. Write veterans in the memo of your check.
- We want to thank the Pizza Pub in Clarion for supporting the poor and needy in the community by supporting Charitable Deeds by donating 600 pizzas’. Please patronize the Pizza Pub and thank them for all they do for the community.
- We are open on Monday and Tuesdays from 9am to noon for anyone needing free clothing and furniture. There are some items that are priced to be sold at our yard sale. If you have any questions, please call 814-221-9966 and speak to John. We are looking for volunteers to help on these days. John is also looking for someone to help pick up furniture. If you are interested in volunteering for a couple of hours you can call 814-221-9966. What an amazing feeling you get when you help your neighbors and family.
- We still are in need of lift chairs for the elderly and disabled. Also, if anyone has any dressers that they would like to donate we still need them. We are also looking for mattress and box springs that are clean and have no stains on them. If you would like to donate to Charitable Deeds, please call John for pick up.
- Our 2018 Golf Scramble will be held on June 16, 2018. This project has got too big for 3 people to handle so we are asking for volunteers to help us with the day to day duties as well as the volunteers to help the day of the event. Anyone wishing to help can call Bobbi at 814-797-0286 or Lana Graham @ 814-782-3490.
- The schedule for the 2018 food giveaway for Clarion County only is as follows May 24th, June 28th, July 26th August 23rd, September 27th, October 25th, November 13th (Tuesday) and December 5th (Wednesday) this food giveaway is located at 260 High Point Rd, Knox, Pa 16232 at 11 am at the Charitable Deeds building. This food giveaway is sponsored by Charitable Deeds and 3 area churches. Each month we supply up to 160 families with a shopping cart of food. If you have any medium size boxes that you would like to donate to Charitable Deeds for this event, please drop them off at the Charitable Deeds building on Mondays or Tuesdays between 8am and noon. We would like to “Thank” the Wolf's Den for the use of their parking lot for this event.
- The next Charitable Deeds Huge Garage Sale will be held on May 17th, 18th and 19th from 8am -2pm. Our location is 200 High Point Road, Knox pa 16232. There are many new and gently used items. If you have any items, you would like to donate to this sale please contact John Kerle at 814-221-9966.
That’s all for now, just remember you are still our favorite people
God Bless you all – Keep smiling
John Kerle (814)-221-9966 & Bobbi Wolfgong (814)221-8987
“Instead of pointing out who works well or who doesn’t work well, instead of nit-picking about someone’s flaws, if we gather our hearts, work towards the same objective, and enthusiastically do God’s work, everything will be fulfilled quickly,”
One will weave the canvas; another will fell a tree by the light of his ax. Yet another will forge nails, and there will be others who observe the stars to learn how to navigate. And yet all will be as one. Building a boat isn't about weaving canvas, forging nails, or reading the sky. It's about giving a shared taste for the sea, by the light of which you will see nothing contradictory but rather a community of love.