We would like to begin by thanking Charitable Deeds members for their time, talent and money. We would also like to thank churches, businesses, organizations, and the public for their donations sent to Charitable Deeds. Without your support Charitable Deeds would not be able to do what it does to help these needy families. THANK YOU, THANK YOU for all your support in helping Gods children that are in need.
April has been a hectic month for us here at Charitable Deeds. We made an impact on 980 lives with clothing and household items. Financially we have also made an impact on 671 lives. Also Charitable Deeds and 3 area churches made an impact on 421 lives with food.
- Our 13th Annual Golf Scramble is right around the corner. The scramble will be held Saturday June 18, 2016 at High Level Golf Course, tee off at 9am. If you would like to sponsor a cart $35.00, a hole sponsor $100.00 or hole/cart sponsor is $125.00. You can do an in memory of a loved one – to be placed on the sponsor of your choosing. This is a nice way to support Charitable Deeds cause plus remember your loved ones. If you are interested in sponsoring for a love one the sponsorship will need to be in by no later than Wednesday the 15th of June. You can do this sponsorship by mailing your check and info to Bobbi Wolfgong 3009 Knight Town Road, Shippenville PA 16254. If you would like to golf in the scramble – price $260.00 for a 4 person team, you can contact Lana Graham @ 817-782-3490 or Charitable Deeds @ 814-797-0286.
- Charitable Deeds & the Clarion University teamed up to have a huge warehouse sale on all the furniture items that came from the 2 dorms that were demolished. When all the people pick up their furniture, we will have made $20,500.00. All this money will be distributed to the Veterans of the Armed Forces by Charitable Deeds. Therefore 100 percent of what was raised will go to this needy cause. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Clarion University. We still have some items left from the warehouse sale. If anyone is interested in them, you can call John at 814-221-9966. These are the items that are left: beds, desks, computer desks, wardrobe closets (which would make beautiful gun cabinets) and chairs. Any churches that would like some of these items can have them at no charge, if they are used to help the church or the poor and needy.
- The next “All You Can Eat” spaghetti dinner will be held on May 21st from 3:30 -7 p.m. at the Wolf’s Den. Anyone wishing to help, or bake a cake or two, can contact Bobbi. We are always looking for someone to help with cleanup. So if you are interested in helping with cleanup, you can just show up at 6 p.m. to help. Please don’t forget to mark your calendars for the 2016 spaghetti dinner year. They are as follows: May 21st, July 23rd, September 17th, and November 12th. At our last spaghetti dinner which was held on March 19th, we raised $7,037.00. Thanks to all the members that helped make this such a great success.
- The schedule for the 2016 food giveaway is as follows – May 26th, June 23rd, July 28th, August 25th, September 22nd, October 27th, November 8th, December 22nd, this food give – away is located at 260 High Point Rd, Knox, Pa 16232 at 11 am at the Charitable Deeds building. This food give - away is sponsored by Charitable Deeds and 3 area churches. Guide lines for this event have now changed. To receive food you must preregister by calling 814-797-0286 on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd week of each month. This must be called in each month.
- Charitable Deeds will be holding a meeting on Friday May 27, 2016 at 260 High Point Road, Knox PA 16232 starting at 1pm. This meeting is to go over the by-laws of the organization. This meeting is open to all Charitable Deeds members.
- Charitable Deeds will be having a large garage sale on July 7th, 8th and 9th from 8am – 2pm located at 260 High point Road, Knox pa 16232. Anyone wishing to donate any items to this sale can drop them off at Charitable Deeds on Mondays & Tuesday from 7:30-noon or can call John @ 814-221-9966 for pickup.
Please remember Charitable Deeds in you will, life insurance, and investments.
Let’s just stop for now, and pray for those on our prayer chain. If you know of anyone that needs to be added or deleted please contact Bobbi @ 814-782-3733.
That’s all for now, Just remember you are still our favorite people
God Bless you all – Keep smiling!
John Kerle (814)-221-9966 & Bobbi Wolfgong (814)221-8987
*Helping other people can be a cure, not just for those who are in need, but for your soul as well*