Oh My, where has the year went. It is now November the busiest time of the year is yet to come. “Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the New Year”. So far this year we have been able to help every family that has come to us, that has been worthy. Without a long waiting list. With the coldest of months still ahead of us – we worry that will not be the case. More and more people are needing our help to either keep their utilities on or to get them turned on. Please pray for all these people that need our help.
Charitable Deeds would not be able to do what it does without the Good Lord and you wonderful Charitable Deeds members, churches, businesses, organizations, and the public for the donations and the help that you give to Charitable Deeds. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
- We will be helping the Salvation Army again this year by ringing the bell at the Clarion Mall. Anyone wishing to ring the bell for 2 hours or more, please contact John or Bobbi. This is all inside where it is nice and warm and chairs will be supplied. We will be ringing the bell the day before Thanksgiving from 8am -8pm. From Thanksgiving on there will be a schedule at the kettle setting in the mall for anyone wishing to sign up for any time slot. We do not ring the bell on Sundays. All the money we raise from this event stays in Clarion County. So if you would like to donate you can send your check to us, to the address below, and mark in the memo part of your check “SALVATION ARMY”.
- The next “All You Can Eat” Spaghetti Dinner will be held on NOVEMBER 12, 2016 from 3:30 -7 p.m. at the Wolf’s Den. Anyone wishing to help, or bake a cake or two, can contact Bobbi. We are always looking for someone to help with cleanup. So if you are interested in helping with cleanup, you can just show up at 6 p.m. to help. All the proceeds from this dinner will go towards the Winter Utility Campaign. We will not be having a spaghetti in the month of January. At our last garage sale, we raised $4,216.00. These funds went to help the poor and needy. Thanks to everyone that donated or came to support this event.
- Charitable Deed & Services will be giving out toys donated by: A.B.A.T.E, churches, foundations, and any other toys that are donated. We will be handing them out to the poor and needy families of Clarion County at the Clarion Mall on Tuesday, December 13th thru Saturday, December 24th, as long as we don’t run out of gifts. If there is anyone else that would like to donate any toys for this event, you can drop them off at the Clarion Mall. We will be there on them days from Noon thru 3pm. Anyone coming must have a referral from A.B.A.T.E, churches, or Public Assistance.
- We have now started our 15 annual Winter Utility Campaign on October 10. The money raised thru this campaign goes to help the poor and needy in Clarion, Venango, and Forest counties. There are so many families that are trying to figure out whether to pay the bills and have heat and electric or buy food and prescriptions. A lot are going without food and prescriptions. We pray that we can help each one of these families. Flyer on additional page for this fundraiser.
- Pennies from Heaven is helping families with Christmas presents.
- The schedule for the 2017 food giveaway is as follows –December 22, 2016 then starting off the 2017 year will be as follows January 26th, February 23rd, March 23rd, April 27th, May 25th, June 22nd, July 27th, August 24th, September 28th, October 26th, November 14th, and December 5th. This food give-away is located at 260 High Point Rd, Knox, Pa 16232, at your appointed time given when calling in. This food give-away is sponsored by Charitable Deeds and 3 area churches. Guide lines for this event have now changed. To receive food, you must preregister by calling 814-797-0286 on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd week of each month. This must be called in each month. Anyone needing food must preregister at the beginning of each month even if you are a member. The number you need to call is 814-797-0286. You must be a residence of Clarion County to be eligible for these services.
Let’s just stop for now, and pray for those on our prayer chain.
If you know of anyone that needs to be added or deleted, please contact Bobbi @ 814-782-3733.
That’s all for now, just remember you are still our favorite people
God Bless you all – Keep smiling!
John Kerle & Bobbi Wolfgong
“PERHAPS WHEN WE COME FACE TO FACE WITH OUR MAKER, HE WILL NOT ASK, ‘HOW MANY POSITIONS DID YOU HOLD?’
BUT RATHER, ‘HOW MANY PEOPLE DID YOU HELP?’
IN REALITY, YOU CANNOT LOVE THE LORD UNTIL YOU SERVE HIM BY SERVING HIS PEOPLE.”
WE MAKE A LIVING BY WHAT WE GET, WE MAKE A LIFE BY WHAT WE GIVE.