For to have faith is to have Wings
- The next Food Bank is Tuesday, November 13th and Wednesday December 5th due to the holidays. If you know of anyone who is in need of food within the Clarion or Forest Counties please have them pre-register by calling 814-797-0286. This food give-away is located at 260 High Point Rd, Knox, PA 16232 at 11 am at the Charitable Deeds building. Each month we supply approximately 160 families with a shopping cart of food. If you have any medium size boxes that you would like to donate to Charitable Deeds for this event, please drop them off at the Charitable Deeds building on Mondays or Tuesdays between 8am and 12pm. We would like to “Thank” the Wolfs Den for the use of their parking lot for this event.
- In September, the Wolf’s Den Camping resort had a Veterans fundraiser to raise funds for the Veterans in the community. This fundraiser was a huge success and raised $10,001.00. The Wolf's Den has chosen Charitable Deeds to disperse the money raised to help the veterans. We would like to thank the Wolfs Den for being a large part of our community.
- The next “All You Can Eat” Spaghetti Dinner will be held on November 10th from 3:30 -7 p.m. at the Wolf’s Den. Anyone wishing to help or bake a cake or two can contact Bobbi. We are always looking for someone to help with cleanup so if you are interested in helping with cleanup, just show up at 6 p.m. to help.
- We are open on Monday and Tuesdays from 8am to 12pm for anyone needing free clothing and furniture, and 9am – 12pm for financial aid by appointment only. We are looking for volunteers to help on these days. John is also looking for someone to help pick up furniture; if you are interested in volunteering for a couple of hours you can call 814-221-9966. What an amazing feeling you get when you help your neighbors and family. We still are in need of lift chairs for the elderly and disabled. Also, if anyone has any dressers that they would like to donate we still need them. We are also looking for mattress and box springs that are clean and have no stains on them. If you would like to donate to Charitable Deeds, please call John for pick up.
- The next Charitable Deeds huge 7,200 square foot Garage Sale will be held on November 15th, 16th and 17th from 8am -2pm. It is located at 200 High Point Road, Knox PA 16232. There are many new and gently used items. If you have any items, you would like to donate to this sale please contact John Kerle at 814-221-9966.
- We will be helping to ring the bell again this year with the Salvation Army. We will NOT be ringing this year inside the Clarion Mall due to the closing of Kmart. We will be ringing the bell this year outside at Clarion Walmart. Anyone wanting to ring the bell can contact Renee at 814-221-2261. Charitable Deeds helps disperse the money raised in the Clarion Area to the poor and needy.
Let’s just stop for now, and pray for those on our prayer chain. If you know of anyone that needs to be added or deleted, please contact Bobbi at 814-782-3733.
From joy comes gratitude and from gratitude comes abundance.
God Bless you all – Keep smiling,
John Kerle (814)-221-9966 & Bobbi Wolfgong (814)221-8987