Where has the summer gone. It seems like time fly’s by so fast. Fall is at our back door already. Soon the leaves will be turning beautiful colors and falling. Snow on the ground and the holiday season will be here in a blink of an eye. We don’t want to have to think about having to pull out the shovels and snow blowers – that means snow and cold weather. We pray to the Good Lord that he gives us a wonderful, safe holiday-winter season. Only he knows what he has in store for all of us. When he needs us he will take us in the palm of his hand and show us the way.
We would like to start by thanking all the wonderful Charitable Deeds members, churches, businesses, organizations, and the public for the donations and the help that you give to Charitable Deeds. Without the help of all you people, Charitable Deeds would not be able to help as many people in the community that needs help. So on behalf of all the families we help each day “THANK YOU”
Charitable Deeds is being recognized by the United States Senate.
- The next Charitable Deeds Huge 7200 square foot Garage Sale will be held on September, Thursday 21st, Friday 22nd and Saturday 23rd from 8am -2pm. Our location is 200 High Point Road, Knox pa 16232. There are many new and gently used items. If you have any items, you would like to donate to this sale please contact John Kerle at 814-221-9966. The schedule for the 2017 garage sales are as follows: November 2nd ,3rd & 4th December 7th, 8th & 9th.
- The next “All You Can Eat” spaghetti dinner will be held on September 16 from 3:30 -7 p.m. at the Wolf’s Den. Anyone wishing to help, or bake a cake or two, can contact Bobbi. We are always looking for someone to help with cleanup. So if you are interested in helping with cleanup, you can just show up at 6 p.m. to help. Please don’t forget to mark your calendars for the 2017 spaghetti dinner year. They are as follows: September 16th, and November 11th.**The schedule for the 2018 spaghetti dinners are as follows: Saturday, March 24th, Saturday, May 19th, Saturday August 18th and Saturday, November 10th. **
- We still are in need of lift chairs for the elderly and disabled. Also, if anyone has any dressers that they would like to donate we still need them. We are also looking for mattress and box springs that are clean and have no stains on them. If you would like to donate to Charitable Deeds, please call John for pick up. *We are no longer taking plastic caps. The hospital has decided to stop this program. On behalf of the dialysis patient this was helping, they would like to say Thank You for your support.
- The Wolf’s Camp Ground Annual Veterans fundraiser was held August 5, 2017. This fundraiser raised $14,300.00 What a great event they put on. This year Charitable Deeds will be distributing what they raised in 2017 in their campaign.
- The schedule for the 2017 food giveaway for Clarion County only is as follows – September 28th, October 26th, November 14th, December 5th, this food give-away is located at 260 High Point Rd, Knox, Pa 16232 at 11 am at the Charitable Deeds building. This food giveaway is sponsored by Charitable Deeds and 3 area churches. Each month we supply up to 160 families with a shopping cart of food. If you have any medium size boxes that you would like to donate to Charitable Deeds for this event, please drop them off at the Charitable Deeds building on Mondays or Tuesdays between 8am and noon. We would like to “Thank” the Wolfs Den for the use of their parking lot for this event.
Let’s just stop for now, and pray for those on our prayer chain. If you know of anyone that needs added or deleted, please contact Bobbi @ 814-782-3733.
That’s all for now, just remember you are still our favorite people
God Bless you all – Keep smiling
John Kerle (814)-221-9966 & Bobbi Wolfgong (814)221-8987
“God’s love” for the world is so wonderful. He makes our life magical, and so beautiful. Even in hard times, we can put our trust in him. He doesn’t take a salary from us at the end of the day, it is just his love for us that brightens up our way. There’s never a teardrop that God doesn’t see. He knows when a sparrow falls from a tree. There’s never a moment when God doesn’t care., Never a time when he won’t hear our prayer.