It’s the end of July already- where is the summer going? We hope everyone that wanted to get a garden in, got it in. Its been such a strange summer, especially trying to get a garden in. If anyone wants some good corn – go to Zacherls Farm Market up 66, it is very good, $5.00 a dozen and picked out of their field fresh daily.
Can’t believe Fall is right around the corner, September is going to be barking at our back door before we know it. Think about each and every day, how things go right and things go wrong. All you have to do is put your problems in the Lords hands. God can work miracles in so many ways. It’s amazing how everything works out. We might ask “why” sometimes, but only God knows the true plan he has for us.
We would like to start by thanking all the wonderful Charitable Deeds members, churches, businesses, organizations, and the public for the donations and the help that you give to Charitable Deeds. Without the help of all you people, Charitable Deeds would not be able to help as many people in the community that needs help. So on behalf of all the families we help each day “THANK YOU”
- WOW what an amazing 2017 golf scramble. This event raised $18,488.00. Thanks to all who made this such a success. Can’t wait to see what 2018 brings.
- The next “All You Can Eat” spaghetti dinner will be held on July 29th from 3:30 -7 p.m. at the Wolf’s Den. Anyone wishing to help, or bake a cake or two, can contact Bobbi. We are always looking for someone to help with cleanup. So if you are interested in helping with cleanup, you can just show up at 6 p.m. to help. Please don’t forget to mark your calendars for the 2017 spaghetti dinner year. They are as follows: July 29th, September 16th, and November 11th. ** Change of date for July’s dinner – was scheduled for July 8th but was rescheduled for July 29th. **
- We still are in need of lift chairs for the elderly and disabled. Also, if anyone has any dressers that they would like to donate we still need them. We are also looking for mattress and box springs that are clean and have no stains on them. If you would like to donate to Charitable Deeds, please call John for pick up. If there are any strong men out there that would like to help John Kerle with picking up furniture, please call him at 814-221-9966.
- *We are no longer taking plastic caps. The hospital has decided to stop this program. On behalf of the dialysis patient this was helping, they would like to say Thank You for your support.
- The Wolf’s Camp Ground Annual Veterans fundraiser will be held August 5, 2017. Please keep this in mind, Charitable Deeds will be assisting them with this event. If anyone would like to help with this event, the time of this event is noon. It would be great to see charitable deeds members there helping for this great cause. Please call John at 814-221-9966 if you are interested.
- Salvation Army still has some funding to help the poor and needy. So if you know of anyone that hasn’t already got help have them call 814-797-0286.
- The schedule for the 2017 food giveaway for Clarion County only is as follows – July 27th, August 24th, September 28th, October 26th, November 14th, December 5th, this food give-away is located at 260 High Point Rd, Knox, Pa 16232 at 11 am at the Charitable Deeds building. This food give-away is sponsored by Charitable Deeds and 3 area churches. Each month we supply up to 160 families with a shopping cart of food. If you have any medium size boxes that you would like to donate to Charitable Deeds for this event, please drop them off at the Charitable Deeds building on Mondays or Tuesdays between 8am and noon. We would like to “Thank” the Wolfs Den for the use of their parking lot for this event.
- Let’s just stop for now, and pray for those on our prayer chain. If you know of anyone that needs added or deleted, please contact Bobbi @ 814-782-3733.
God Bless you all – Keep smiling,
John Kerle (814)-221-9966 & Bobbi Wolfgong (814)221-8987
The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous, and His ears are open to their cry. (Psalm 34:15) *
Please remember Charitable Deeds in your Will
* We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you. Learn that you can strengthen and build the lives of people as you become involved with them, lift them. Give them support and strength when their time of need comes.